Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Camille's in Mooresville, here we SLOW again

So loving the certificates from restaurant.com has brought me back to Camille's Sidewalk Cafe in Mooresville. I have blogged on how cheap it is to eat there with the coupon. The fact that it was closed and abandoned for a while still lingers though.

Sure enough, Saturday it lived up to it's old impression. First off - yes, we had snow on Friday night. Yes, some roads were a little ugly in the morning. By 10am, it was smooth sailing almost everywhere. Shoot, Golden Corral was open on time and it was nasty driving when they arrived at 5am to get ready for opening.

So Saturday lunch at 11:30am had to wait. Doors locked, lights off, someone moving in the kitchen. When you go to the door, no sign with any info as to why they are not open like every other store in the strip. I call the number and get a guys answering "Hello." Where's the greeting or restaurant name? I ask about their opening and get the snow excuse and they hope to be open in 30 minutes or so.

After spending what feels like ions in the restaurant world; I am left with just one thought: Poor/missing management. I was the first guy on the scene when there was bad weather. How do you ask your workers to drive in it if you are not willing to drive in it? How do you make sure someone is opening if you are not there to see that they are opening it? It just doesn't make sense to leave it to chance, does it?

Well we have one or two more of the coupons and I will use them at some point when I just want cheap. I certainly will wait for a sunny day, about 70 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and no pollen in the air. Maybe then everyone will show up for work and make my food. Oh wait, if it's too nice, they will be on the lake or golfing. I guess I am just out of luck.

Camille's Sidewalk Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment