Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Krystal Burgers vs the state of North Carolina

Dear Krystal Burger,

Can anyone tell me why this tasty little burgers have disappeared from the Charlotte-area landscape?  More so, they are not even in the state any longer.  Traveling into Tennessee or South Carolina, and they are waiting to greet you.
They used to be very inexpensive.  Not so much anymore, but still not as much as McDonalds or Burger King.  At the same time, they are not as large so it's not apples to apples anyway.  A 12 pack cost $9 with tax.  I am happy to pay around 75 cents each for the joy of eating, but the value conscious person I am knows that another 10 cents gets me a much larger burger elsewhere.

Now, for all of the recent transplants from up north that have not seen a Krystal burger before, it looks familiar huh?  Sure.  It looks a lot like a White Castle, so much so that you could probably fool many.  The onion is fresh sliced versus the reconstituted type.  That is the only real glaring difference.

This weekend coming back through Gaffney SC I knew I had to stop and get some.  My travel buddy had never had any (he was from out west) and was pleasantly surprised.  I came to work on Monday and one of my co-workers had hit the one in TN on his way back this weekend.  Obviously, we could certainly use some back in the great state of North Carolina. 

Krystal - I await your reply.

2 comments:

  1. From my experience, the one in Charlotte n Billy Grahm pkwy was poorly managed. Service was slow and disorganized . Yet, I stilll loved to eat there, Krystal should try harder because the one in Gafney SC seems to not click like Mcdonalds

    ReplyDelete