Monday, December 5, 2011

Out with Soiree and in with EPIC

I am still sad at the loss of Soiree in downtown Mooresville.  Epic moving in was a welcome sight, but I had no idea how welcome.

I had heard that they were owned by one of the partners in Mickey & Mooch.  That they had quite a staff.  All things that made me very excited to go.  That exxcitement continued during the meal.

Now I must confess, this review is overdue.  We went a while ago, but life had been busy.  Still eating and creating, just not telling everyone about it.  Time has not been my friend.  Epic deserves better - because they delivered on everything.

I prefer to sit in the bar section when it is just my wife and I.  Servers on that side seem to have it together more, due to the faster paced nature of the bar business.  This was not exception and our server was outstanding.  Turns out - Friday nights get crazy busy there and we just beat a rush.  You wouldn't tell by how well she took care of us.

Mickey & Mooch prices can be a little steep at times, and Epic is close in their pricing.  The menu is little more vast, and so you can shop within your price range if you so choose.  When there's a nice filet mignon option on the menu - I know where my wife is going.  I am a sucker for Prime Rib personally.  Both were on our plates that night.  Salads, Crab Fritters (oh my goodness) and the incomperable Spinach/Chevre/Brie & Roasted Garlic Bake were all fantastic.  App and entree portion sizes were large and really make the price point less of an issue.

Desserts are ridiculous in size and quality.  We had to have them but had no room.  Take out boxes here we come.  I NEVER order dessert.  This was the rare exception.  Partly since our daughter is a chocolate lover anyway, I figured we could share the chocolate cake and reduce the guilt factor.  It is towering layers of cake and icing, not too sweet, but really quite light and tasty.  Every dessert that passed by our table was large and looked great - just making the decision that much harder.  I am sure any choice would have been a good one that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment